(4-Year HEC Approved Degree Program with Flight Operation/Flight Dispatcher Licence to be Issued by Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority)
University of Management and Technology, C-II, Johar Town,Lahore is running an exclusive Department of Aviation under 4-year degree programs of BS Aviation Management with Licence studies of Flight Operation Officer/ Flight Dispatcher.It is also a great privilege that HQs, Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority has already approved this university, first in Pakistan, as an ATO (Approved Training Organization) to impart ground training on following courses for subsequent exams to be executed by CAA:
- Ground Courses for PPL/CPL/IR/ATPL vide certificate number:222/393/2016.
- Ground Courses for Flight Operation Officer/Flight Despatcher. vide certificate number: 223/394/2016.
- CAA Approved English Language Testing Center. vide certificate number:209/367/2015.
Studies and Experience through Flight Simulator Established in the Aviation Department
Walton Aviation Training School,Walton Aerodrome Lahore
(Under the Management of Institute of Aviation Studies, University of Management and Technology)
Pilots Traning on Approved Flight Simulator
Logable hours for PPL/CPL/IR
Air travel is a form of transportation in vehicles (such as airplanes and helicopters) that can sustain flight. It provides safety, comfort and the most convenient means of reaching the required destination in the shortest possible time in an affordable manner. The growth of the aviation business worldwide has provided a quantum jump in all aviation related fields ranging from manufacturing of aircraft to the development of related infrastructure and management of various aviation activities. To run the aviation systems efficiently and effectively, human resource development has become a deciding factor. Due to the advanced growth in commercial aviation, the demand for people having the required professional knowledge and skills has risen. At present, very few universities are offering aviation courses in the fields of aviation management and technology.
To meet the needs of the continually adapting environment of education and business with emphasis on aviation.
To equip BAM students to get aviation management jobs in the competitive and growing aviation industry.
The BS Aviation Management degree aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Establish a world class Aviation Department at UMT
- Enroll the best aviation instructors that are available
- Formulate easy and competitive syllabus
- Produce the best candidates to serve in the ever growing and competitive aviation industry
- Provide best resources in all technical trades of aviation sector (Flight Simulators for Airline/General Aviation Pilots).
The Aviation Department at SBE offers the four-year BS Aviation Management program that provides the necessary educational background for aviation industry professionals to solve problems within the field of aviation including the airlines, corporate aviation, general aviation, and airport management. Aviation graduates gain an understanding of the various complexities facing the industry through a breadth of aviation industry related courses. They will also gain an understanding of statistics and research methods, and how they may be applied in research to solve problems within the aviation industry. The program provides graduates with the knowledge and skills that prepare them for the aviation industry, aviation related government jobs, research and development in the field of aviation.
A new generation of leaders is needed in air traffic control and airport administration, as the current generation of professionals is either overworked or rapidly approaching retirement age. With an Aviation Management degree, graduates will be qualified to fill those vacancies. This program also provides a comprehensive background in aviation studies, management and business which is appropriate to careers in air transportation, air commerce, airport planning and management, and fiscal aspects of aviation.
The BS Aviation Management degree prepares students to work in a public or private airport or a general aviation company. Graduates of aviation management will be able to:
- Apply marketing principles to the aviation industry
- Interpret and analyze financial statements and control concepts
- Develop and use accounting and budgetary data to assist management in decision making and control activities
- Comprehend the role of finance in an aviation business including financial planning and forecasting
- Apply business principles to the management of environmental issues including noise generation and abatement
- Understand the nature and sources of law and legal problems encountered by managers
- Apply principles of human resource management
- Analyze the growth of the major components of the aviation industry at the national and international levels
- Analyze the current structure of the aviation industry including general aviation, the airlines, corporate aviation, airports, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMS), etc.
- Describe the impact of limited airspace and airport capacity on the growth of the aviation industry
- Use business principles in airport planning and management
- Understand the role and politics of local governments and how this impacts the aviation industry
- Describe aspects of managing air transportation companies
- Describe the air traffic control system and relationships between en route, terminal, tower, and flight service functions
- Understand private sector union-management issues
- Understand the causes of noise generation and procedures for noise abatement
- Apply land use and facilities planning practices to airports and general aviation facilities
- Understand aviation leasing and property management issues including the impact of federal regulations
- Apply technology to increase efficiency and security in airports